How To Get Rid of Cradle Cap in Babies? – A Complete Guide
Cradle cap, medically known as childhood seborrheic dermatitis, is a not unusual pores and skin problem among infants. Its miles characterized by way of tough and scaly patches at the scalp. This condition can be seen among newborns and children up to three years old, It can also occur in adults as well.
Symptoms of the pill encompass greasy spots on the skin, yellow or white scales, thick, crusty flakes, red and indignant skin, and hair loss. Cradle Cap is not associated with any disease and does not indicate that a baby is not well cared for.
A Complete Guide on Getting Rid of Cradle Cap in Babies
The exact cause of the milk crust is unknown, although some researchers believe it may be due to hormones transmitted by the mother to the baby, antibiotics taken by the mother during pregnancy, over-stimulation of the baby’s sebaceous glands, extreme weather and Irregular skin cleansing, food allergies and yeast growth in the digestive tract. It can also appear on the eyebrows, the eyelids, the ears, and the fold of the nose, the back of the neck, the diaper area or the armpits.
There are many type of home ideas that can effectively treat the crib happens in the small babies, without giving any type of damage to their soft and tender skin. The ways to get rid of cradle cap are:
Helps loosen the flakes of the cradle without irritating the soft skin of the baby.
- Soak your baby’s scalp in warm water.
- Gently rub a small amount of baby shampoo on your head.
- Wait two minutes and then rub the scalp with a baby brush with soft bristles.
- Rinse the area well with warm water and dry with a towel.
Follow this remedy once a day for the first week and then twice a week until the cradle disappears completely.
Use olive oil to treat the cradle cap. The moisturizing and healing properties of olive oil can help to soften and loosen scaly scales. Also, it’s good for your baby’s skin.
- Slightly warm a small amount of olive oil.
- Gently massage the oil on your baby’s scalp at bedtime.
- Let him act during the night.
- On the next morning, use a soft brush or baby cloth to gently take away loose debris.
- Wash your child hair with baby shampoo and heat water.
- Repeat daily or every two days, depending on the severity of the condition.
Coconut oil works well as a natural treatment for the cradle cap.
- Placed a small quantity of organic and solid coconut oil inside the palm of your hand.
- In your palm rub the oil until it becomes in a liquid form
- Gently rub down this liquid oil into the scalp or affected areas
- Leave it on for 20 min and then rinse it with heated water.
- To remove the loose flakes smoothly use the soft brush.
- Do this once a day until you are satisfied with the result.
By following the above mention steps you can easily get rid of the cradle cap.