Mom’s Review: Best Baby Bottle Warmer
Mothers have not been in agreement regarding the presence of a baby bottle warmer in the list of baby products mothers-to-be have to buy.
I, for one, was in doubt at first, but I had my reasons for buying it. And I'm sharing them with you and see for yourself if you need one.
** Below, you'll find more detailed reviews, but you can click links above to see current prices and read customer's review on Amazon
Why You Need A Bottle Warmer
• You’re pumping. If you are pumping, you are probably storing your expressed milk in the fridge. You surely need a bottle warmer to heat the baby bottle up.
• There’s no readily available hot water. Where we stayed before, we didn't have hot water from the faucet; hence, I really needed a baby bottle warmer. In about 60 seconds, my baby’s milk is ready.
• You want consistency. One may argue that a microwave can also heat up refrigerated milk in no time, but a microwave doesn’t heat milk up evenly. A water heater is another option, but just the same, it’s not consistent. There are times the milk warms up just fine; sometimes, it’s too hot or too cold, especially if the bottles are different.
• You want convenience. Waking up in the middle of the night to a crying baby is already inconvenient enough. The last thing we need is several processes that make the situation worse leading to panicking. Also, if you are leaving your baby with a sitter or anyone who’s not you, having a bottle warmer will give you peace of mind that your baby will not get scalded because of overly heated milk.
What To Look For In a Baby Bottle Warmer
• Size. Because baby bottles come in different sizes, a baby bottle warmer should be able to accommodate each, whether wide-necked or standard and 4, 8, or 11 ounces.
• Speed control. A bottle warmer that can heat up your milk in no time will be your next best friend, trust me.
• Temperature control. Baby bottles are made from different materials; hence, warming up the milk inside may also require different time and temperature. Glass baby bottles and silicon bottles may take longer to heat up, so make sure your bottle warmer has an option for them.
• Cleaning. As I have always said, having a baby is no easy feat. We don’t need baby products that require rocket science to clean. A simple wipe or dip in the dishwasher should be enough.
• Auto shut off. A bottle warmer that shuts off automatically when done is a gift from heaven. When your little one is crying, the last thing that will come to your mind is the warmer you powered on a few seconds ago.
• Food warmer. A bottle warmer that doubles as a food warmer is a big saving for your buck. Because baby bottles do not have to be warmed up all the time, you might find your bottle warmer sitting alone in the corner, slowly gathering dust. If, however, it can also be used as a food warmer, then it will have more purpose in life that heating up baby bottles.
• Night mode. A crying infant at night is mom’s frantic mode. And during this time, you want to do things in a hurry. A bottle warmer that can be easily operated even at a dim light is simply bliss.
• Indicators. The buttons, measurement lines, and other labels on the bottle warmer must be clearly printed and non-erasable. This will make the preparation a breeze.
Top 5 Best Baby Bottle Warmers Reviews
This bottle warmer is also non-portable, but it differentiates from the others because it does not use steam or boiling water. It has its own technology that warms up the bottle without the risk of damaging milk nutrients, promoting hot spots, and releasing dangerous chemicals from plastic bottles.
Another non-portable bottle warmer is this one from Baby Brezza. It has two warming features: one for breastmilk and one for formula milk. The difference between the two is that for the former, the heating is slow so as to preserve the nutrients. For the latter, on the other hand, the heating is quick.
A unique feature of this warmer is its mobile app that's activated via Bluetooth. It lets you know if the heating is done direct through your mobile phone.
This is also a non-portable warmer, which can also be used with different bottle sizes. It has adjustable heating time that the warmer can memorize. It has an LCD to see your desired setting and an alarm to let you know the heating is done.
It may also be used to warm baby food and is lead-free.
This bottle warmer is portable, perfect for warming milk up on the go. It’s made of stainless steel and plastic with a thermal flask that keeps the heat. It can also heat baby food.
There’s no specific duration the water inside is kept hot, but some parents claim it lasts about 10-12 hours.
This bottle warmer is a non-portable type. It is designed to hold all bottle sizes and types whether wide-necked or standard. It may also be used as a food warmer and sterilizer of nipple and pacifier.
It can be cleaned using vinegar and water. In terms of safety, it is certified to be lead, Nitrosamine, BPA, Latex, PVC, Phthalate free.
OK, I admit it, buying a baby bottle warmer may not be a need at this point...
It definitely gives you convenience especially at night when our little ones suddenly cry. It also gives you extra peace of mind when you have to be away and leave your baby to someone else’s care.
But despite this being only a want, not a need, it is still a must for us to find the best baby bottle warmer in the market. To find one, make sure it actually serves the purpose you are buying it in the first place: convenience.